Saturday, December 11, 2010


This Sunday's free farm stand in the mission left me with a wonderful bounty.
I wanted to make use of my fresh rosemary bundle,
but knew that I wouldn't be cooking often enough to use it up.

After a little research I found out that rosemary, or "dew of the sea," as its latin name translates,
has other uses outside of the kitchen .

Its leaves can be used in sachets and placed in drawers or closets to keep moths at bay,
it can be used in an aromatic bath for a sore muscle soak or to relieve cold symptoms,
and consumed as a tea to reduce headaches and improve low moods.


I also discovered that it has strengthening properties for your hair.


To make an aromatic hair rinse,
place a few sprigs of fresh rosemary in a pot,
cover with water, and boil for 15 minutes.

Allow to cool before using in hair.
After washing and or conditioning,
use about 1/2 cup to massage into scalp, evenly distributing.



No comments:

Post a Comment